Re: Automatic tagging via Microsoft CMS

  • Judah Phillips
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2007
      Some basic questions to consider:

      -How are you going to ensure all pages are tagged?

      -How are you going to ensure that you can centrally manage all your tags
      when you start adding attributes?

      -How are you going to manage change? say one tag needs this and one tag
      needs that and one tag needs both, this and that. a single include will not
      cut it.

      -How are you going to test tag configuration?

      All rhetorical, no need to answer... 8^)

    • siegert_dierickx
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2007
        Thanks KS, but I do know how the tagging works for WebTrends, and
        other tools. I have been working with them for over 3 years now.

        My question was specific for integration with Microsoft CMS.
        Including the default JavaScript isn't a problem (add it to a
        template, header or footer, and you can start). Afterwards you can get
        in detail by adding specific tags (such as
        content/subcontent/commerce/etc tags) to specific pages.

        We have done it for some clients via our own developed CMS
        (onisystem.eu), and for Tridion and others. So we do know what tagging
        is about.

        What I am looking for is how you can automate the process of adding
        specific tags to different pages via the Microsoft CMS.

        Thanks,
        Siegert
        www.webanalytics.be