Re: [webanalytics] Non-contextual campaign Insight-thoughts

  • Oliver Schiffers
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
      We found this statement to be true for CpX Campaigns as well as for
      branding campaigns. When segmenting/predicting visitors to several
      target group based on behavior or on surveys, conversion and branding
      (campaign memorisation) was better here than with traditional
      contextual or behavioral-only campaigns.

      Oliver Schiffers, United Internet Media

      On 30 Mar 2007 15:13:32 -0700, Ravi Pathak <ravipathak1@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I heard this interesting insight from someone.
      >
      > "you can get better ROI on non-contaxtual ads/campaigns than you can get on
      > contextual campaign/ad."
      >
      > Let me explain with an example, If i want to run a campaign to sell tickets
      > for a particual NBA game, I would get better ROI out of my campaign,
      > putting
      > that campaign on Auto sites ( like kbb.com,edumunds.com etc) or for that
      > matter any non-contextual site ,than, what I can get on like
      > si.com(contextual
      > site) !
      >
      > Other example, If I want to run a campaign to sell cars , I would get
      > better
      > ROI ,if i put them on NBA.com (non-contextual) or for that matter any other
      > non-contextual website, than i put them on contextual websites (e.g.
      > kbb.com,
      > edumunds.com).
      >
      > Thoughts ? Ideas ? your opinions ? Do you agree ? disagree ? why ?
      >
      > My apologies, if this is already discussed !!
      > Take care !
      > Ravi

    • robbinsteif
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
        I didn't understand if the site with the banner ad was your own, if
        the ads were internal, or if the ads were external. But I got the
        feeling that it was your own site, and you have banner ads for other
        people, and you want to see how to track how often someone clicks,
        even though they leave the site.

        I think this is what you are looking for:

        http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=27246&topic=7292

        The important issue is the naming. Don't just name each banner
        anything. Create a system so that you can use the banner names as
        regular expressions in your goals.

        Robbin