Re: Newby needs help!!- advice wanted for 3rd party page tagging

  • Matthew Hopkins
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2007
      Hi Ressa,

      I'm one of the support guys over the UK for Unica's web analytics
      tools and I know the support over in the US is really good too. Have
      you tried giving them a call so that can take a detailed look at how
      you've got your tracking set up?

      One idea that first springs to mind is maybe the page tag is not
      firing as you expected. If you have extended the original tag then you
      may be experiencing cross browser issues.

      Before we implement any tag based solution we always check to make
      sure that data is being sent as expected on a small scale, maybe with
      just a few page views. From there you can scale up.

      Was there any testing phase with a small segment of data?

      Really you need to go through the usual steps of debugging as you
      would with any implementation issues.

      Let us know how it goes and if you need contact details for Unica support.

      Matt Hopkins
      http://www.sclanalytics.com