Re:Funnels in GA vs. Fall Out in Ominure

  • londonturu
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28 9:00 PM
      Pablo,

      It was a long journey for me as well...

      >> "So although step2 wasn't visited GA will report it did."
      >> Why is that? If I set Step 2 and the user didn`t reached that >
      >>page it shouldn`t be counted!

      What I told you is how I actually have seen it work, basically
      testing the report on a mockup site with controlled traffic input.

      What's the logic?

      My personal opinion is that the funnel report represents the degree
      of completion a user achieved towards a goal not necesarly a
      sequential navigation towards a goal.

      So if you completed stages 1 and 3 (been stage 3 closer to the goal)
      is as good as completing stages 1, 2 and 3.

      The other reason maybe that Google wants the report to be more
      readable and tries to drop posible confusion spots.

      If you have a "funnel" with a 100 visits to stage 1 and a 100 visit
      to stage3 and none to stage2, what would you think? that you probably
      set-up the tool to track up a process that is not really a funnel.

      The fact that the entrances or exits to the funnel are not related to
      the real drop-out or entry point is equally strange.

      So I guess the correct kind of conclusions you can obtain from GA
      funnel report will be:

      xxx% of the visits completed upto stage3
      xxx% of the visits that completed upto stage3 drop the funnel process
      through content yyy
      xxx% of the visits that browsed stage2 but not stage1 entered the
      funnel through content yyy

      etc...

      I hope this helps, si no escribeme a mi email y lo podemos hablar en
      español. A veces me sale un poco mas facil

      saludos,

      Andres