Comparison CHART for web analytics software?

  • Phillip Crum
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 25, 2007
      Is there a CHART that does a side-by-side comparison of Google
      Analytics, WebTrends, WebSideStory and a handful of others? The
      features, reports, etc?

      Someone has got to have already put something like that together....

      Thanks.
    • Adam Berlinger
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 25, 2007
        Check out this article: http://www.networkcomputing.com/showitem.jhtml?docid=1613f3. Please keep in mind that it is somewhat dated.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 25, 2007
          Folks,

          My expericence with different sites and Analytics products is never try to
          compare numbers from two systems. Just follow the trends.

          Cheers,
          NG

          On 25 Mar 2007 14:11:13 -0700, Phillip Crum <phillipcrum@...> wrote:

          > Is there a CHART that does a side-by-side comparison of Google
          > Analytics, WebTrends, WebSideStory and a handful of others? The
          > features, reports, etc?
          >
          > Someone has got to have already put something like that together....
          >
          > Thanks.

        • Marcos Richardson
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 26, 2007
            The most comprehensive, up to date, side-by-side comparison of Vendors
            with prices has been put together by e-consultancy.

            Web Analytics - A Buyer's Guide 2006

            http://www.e-consultancy.com/topic/web-measurement-analytics

            Regards

            Marcos Richardson
            Director

            WebtraffIQ

            > Is there a CHART that does a side-by-side comparison of Google
            > Analytics, WebTrends, WebSideStory and a handful of others? The
            > features, reports, etc?
            >
            > Someone has got to have already put something like that together....
            >
            > Thanks.

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 26, 2007
              Try www.e-consultancy.com
              hope this helps

              On 25 Mar 2007 14:11:13 -0700, Phillip Crum <phillipcrum@...> wrote:

              > Is there a CHART that does a side-by-side comparison of Google
              > Analytics, WebTrends, WebSideStory and a handful of others? The
              > features, reports, etc?
              >
              > Someone has got to have already put something like that together....
              >
              > Thanks.

            • Stephane Hamel
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 26, 2007
                There are several resources, some of them free, some very detailed
                reports, and some very good advices:

                - a recent post from ConversionRater.com: A Complete Guide To Web
                Analytics Solutions at
                http://www.conversionrater.com/index.php/2006/02/15/a-complete-guide-to-web-analytics-solutions/

                - e-consultancy Web Analytics Buyer's guide 2006 at
                http://www.e-consultancy.com/publications/web-analytics-buyers-guide/

                - very good advices from Avinash Kaushik on choosing a web analytics
                tool at
                http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/2006/09/how-to-choose-a-web-analytics-tool-a-radical-alternative.html

                and you might want to search on http://seach.immeria.net for things
                such as "evaluation guide". This Custom Search is specialized to look
                only for blogs, solutions, consulting firms and educational references
                related to web analytics.

                Stephane Hamel
                http://blog.immeria.net
              • Lars J
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 27, 2007
                  Not free if you want the complete view, but still:
                  http://www.idealobserver.com/solutionsguide/solutionsguide.php

                  There will be a review of it in the next newsletter from
                  www.webanalysts.info.

                  Lars

                  > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>, "Marcos
                  > Richardson" <marcos.richardson@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > The most comprehensive, up to date, side-by-side comparison of
                  > Vendors
                  > > with prices has been put together by e-consultancy.
                  > >
                  > > Web Analytics - A Buyer's Guide 2006
                  > >
                  > > http://www.e-consultancy.com/topic/web-measurement-analytics
                  > <http://www.e-consultancy.com/topic/web-measurement-analytics>
                  > >

                  > > Regards
                  > >
                  > > Marcos Richardson
                  > > Director
                  > >
                  > > WebtraffIQ

                • billyczanik
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 27, 2007
                    Hi all,

                    Manoj Jasra has compiled a great list of comparisons in his blog:
                    http://manojjasra.blogspot.com/2007/03/ultimate-web-analytics-
                    comparison.html

                    and I really liked the Guide from Ideal Observer
                    (www.idealobserver.com/solutionsguide), it might be not the most
                    easiest to read, but definitely the most comprehensive.

                    Regards,
                    Billy

                    --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Marcos