9397[JOB] PayPal looking for Web Analyst
- Feb 8, 2007Web Analyst at PayPal
Come help the leading online payments company pursue ever-higher
visitor conversion rates that are the envy and gold standard of the
- Apply your formidable sleuthing skills to hunt for opportunities
for improving PayPal Information Architecture, UI design, and content
within our Web Analytics environment. You'll be identifying,
quantifying, and exploring-to-exhaustion key phenomena in the data,
then working with our usability research team, product managers, and
other qualitative information sources to diagnose the phenomena,
craft the story, and recommend a course of action to the product
mgmt., design and content teams.
- Work closely with PayPal's core analytics partner; engage
additional tools, systems, etc. where needed to ensure analytics
insights are strong enough to guide product/marketing improvements.
- Be a story telling change agent for analytics in PayPal and a go to
person that PayPal business and marketing leaders seek out to better
understand what is going on with their products/messaging.
- Gifted at translating data into information that drives action!
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with and
influence senior executives and internal clients.
- Strong business aptitude and communication skills; demonstrated
experience connecting business priorities to analytical priorities;
framing findings and recommendations in business terms, and crafting
simple "stories" from data such that any senior executive can
internalize the key message.
- Excellent quantitative skills; clear scientific thinker.
Understanding of multivariate statistical inference.
- World class aptitude for being able to spot phenomena in data and
investigating them thoroughly through rapid hypothesis formulation
and testing, ideally in a Web Analytics environment.
BA degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, CS, Operations
Research/Mgmt. Science, or other quant-intensive science or social
science required. MS or MBA preferred.
5+ years experience as a business or research analyst.
3+ years experience in Web Analytics a must.
2+ years full time experience with Omniture or Web Side Story
products a must.
Relocation possible. Interested parties can apply online at
www.ebaycareers.com under Req# 14567BR
- Next post in topic >>