8860Re: [webanalytics] Re: landing page stickiness KPI

  • Anil Batra
    Dec 29, 2006
      Yes using the visits works. Single access page views = single page visits
      (since there were no more page views in that visit). Entry page views =
      entry page visits (because for a visit there is only one entry page view
      after that page is no longer an entry page).

      I however think there are more metrics (depending on the sites goal) that
      should be used to calculate entry page stickiness. For example, if a user
      enters the site on page, find what he/she is looking for, book marks and
      comes back to that page once every week, is that page sticky enough? I think
      it is if this is a content site, what do you say? It is not driving more
      page views but is bringing the user back. The point is that this formula is
      good starting point but then you have to look at your specific business
      goals and the revise the formula.

      Hope this help.

      Anil Batra
      http://webanalysis.blogspot.com