8856Re: landing page stickiness KPI

  • sflynn7459
    Dec 29, 2006
      Sorry if that was not clear. The metrics I have available to me are
      single access page visits and entry page visits. I was questioning
      whether I could use these two to measure landing page stickiness
      instead of single access page views and entry page views. Will
      working with visits still keep the equation accurate? My guess is
      yes but I wanted confirmation from others.

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holstein" <paul@...> wrote:

      > It's really hard to determine from your post what metrics are
      > available to you. To measure page stickiness, you really need to
      know
      > single access "page something." The only soft part of the equation
      > might be the entry page views versus total page views. However,
      entry
      > page views would definitely be the better measure.
      >
      > I'm not sure what your last sentence means. If you meant "single
      > access visits against single access visitors, then you would be
      > measuring visitor stickiness and not page stickiness.
      >
      > Please tell us exactly what metrics you have available.
      >

      > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "sflynn7459" <sflynn7459@>
      wrote:

      > > Online and in mulitple books I've seen landing page stickiness
      measured
      > > as 1 - ( single access page views of a page/entry page views for
      the
      > > same page). Is it accurate to measure this by visits instead of
      page
      > > views? We're a WebSideStory customer and they don't report
      single
      > > access pages by page views. As long as we are measuring visits
      against
      > > visits would that work?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic