8855Re: landing page stickiness KPI

  • Paul Holstein
    Dec 29, 2006
      It's really hard to determine from your post what metrics are
      available to you. To measure page stickiness, you really need to know
      single access "page something." The only soft part of the equation
      might be the entry page views versus total page views. However, entry
      page views would definitely be the better measure.

      I'm not sure what your last sentence means. If you meant "single
      access visits against single access visitors, then you would be
      measuring visitor stickiness and not page stickiness.

      Please tell us exactly what metrics you have available.

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "sflynn7459" <sflynn7459@...> wrote:

      > Online and in mulitple books I've seen landing page stickiness measured
      > as 1 - ( single access page views of a page/entry page views for the
      > same page). Is it accurate to measure this by visits instead of page
      > views? We're a WebSideStory customer and they don't report single
      > access pages by page views. As long as we are measuring visits against
      > visits would that work?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic