8406Re: Best practices for JavaScript tags

  • pint4mh
    Nov 2, 2006
      Zeljka,

      Sure, no problem.

      First you need to have your AJAX functions in your web page. See
      http://giraffenecks.com/tutorials/index.php?ID=14 for a general idea
      of the Javascript functions for calling a web server in the background.

      Then use the http.open method to call your dummy web page of choice.
      This could be an empty html file, as long as it doesnt produce an
      error 404 result. Append your tracking variables to the query string
      on the end of the requested html file. And there you have left your
      little 'breadcrumb' for your analytics solution to pick up.

      Hope that helps

      Matt Hopkins
      http://www.sclanalytics.com

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Zeljka Stojanovic
      <zeljka.stojanovic@...> wrote:

      > Matt,
      >
      > How do you do that - "send a request to a dummy tracking page via
      your AJAX protocol. (Similar to the process for tracking Flash sites)" ?

      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com