      From: pint4mh <matt.hopkins@...>
      To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, 31 October, 2006 8:29:31 AM
      Subject: [webanalytics] Re: Best practices for JavaScript tags

      Jay,

      Are you saying that your search script loads the item detail page in
      an AJAX style?

      If this is the case then you could send a request to a dummy tracking
      page via your AJAX protocol. (Similararly to the process for tracking
      Flash sites)

      Alternativly depending upon how your current server side scripts work,
      a variable containing the search term must be going to some page to
      know what content to load. If this is the item detail page then you
      could send the variable over the GET protocol and track those requests
      via a report which shows the page breakdown for your item pages.

      Neither of these options are stunningly slick so if anyone else has
      some more elegant solutions i'd be interested also.

      Thanks

      Matt Hopkins
      http://www.sclanaly tics.com