      From: mcarthur_kevin [mailto:Kevin@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 4:23 PM
      To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [webanalytics] Re: Strange referrer in my log

      This appears to be a referal from a (likely corporate) lan
      webserver. v3 could be very well a valid domain if you have control
      over the dns servers.

      My best guess is that someone refered it out of a corporate webmail
      or forum system.

      It could also be a faked referer as referer data is just a simply
      http header, but my money is on the former.

      Kevin McArthur
      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "mr_awesome77"
      <jon.bovard@g...> wrote:

      > i found this one recently and it has cookies and even buys stuff.
      > at first i thought it was an internal script or some sort of bot.
      > until, yes.. i saw it buy stuff.
      >
      > http://v3/executer/script.aspx?step=175685
      >
      > thats in the referring field of the logfile and referrer report
      >
      > wierd.
      >
      > anyone seen this before?
      > any ideas where to start. I did google it with no luck whatsoever..
      >
      > cheers
      > jon

      Web Metrics Discussion Group
      Moderated by Eric T. Peterson