7041Browser identification

  • jwb96
    Jun 30, 2006
      Need some quick help in understanding how browser identification
      works. In my Browser report in Omniture, IE and Netscape are always
      identified by version. However, Firefox is listed as a single entry
      ("Firefox") and Safari has a generic "Safari" entry, which has the
      majority of the traffic, as well as version-specific entries.

      I'm trying to figure out if this type of reporting is due to the way
      Omniture does it or if it reflects how the browsers identify
      themselves, or how users have hidden the version, or what.

      I have a note into Omniture support, but this board usually gives
      better answers more quickly!

      Thanks,
      Jim
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic