5995Log files showing /instmsg/alias/personname

  • Seby Kallarakkal
    Apr 4, 2006

      For one of the websites that we analyze, we keep coming
      across "/instmsg/alias/personname " in the cs-uri-stem column.
      instmsg/alias is common and personname keeps changing. The user-agent
      is msnmsg.

      The obvious conclusion to make was that it has something to do with msn
      messenger. But what we can't figure out is why msn messenger is browing
      our client website. I tried searching for this in Google, but couldn't
      really find any information.

      Any info would be greatly appreciated.