5603Re: Understanding content value - SEO specific question

  • Perry
    Mar 3, 2006
      Jon,

      It seems more like more like a PPC optimization project than Organic
      traffic as you can't control landing pages for Organic.

      It's been a while since I've been in a SC report suite but I don't
      believe that you can do any of the following:
      1) Commerce > Entry Pages X Paid Search Keywords
      2) Traffic > Paid Search Terms X Entry Page
      3) Commerce > Site Section X Paid Search Keywords X Entry Page

      Perhaps you investigate implementing a VISTA rule to allow for one
      of the three scenarios above and then create a top 20-100 dashboard
      with Visits, Conversion, Revenue, and Bounce Rate (at the entry page
      level).

      As for Organic keywords, I usually take strong performers and
      conduct test buys (PPC) for derivatives of the keyword/phrase.
      Organic keywords land you the page that is the most relevant, makes
      sense to do the same for paid keywords.

      BTW: are you using SearchCenter?

      Perry Lee
      BillupsDesign