5592RE: [webanalytics] Understanding content value - SEO specific question

  • Hugo Calvo
    Mar 2, 2006
      Understanding content value - SEO specific question

      Hi Jon,

      I think I do understand your question.

      With Clicktracks Professional there is an advance visitor labelling called “Used a certain search engine query”. With this label you will get all sorts of metrics specific to visitors that used the specific keyword to enter the site like the list of entry/exit pages, the pages with most views, etc. I know that it would be probably tedious to do this for many keywords.

      You use Omniture… well I haven’t needed to do this before with this tool (nor Webtrends) so I haven’t investigated this problem thoroughly. When I have time I will give it a go!

      Another way that I can think of doing this is getting a tool (or write a script yourself) that can go through the log files and strip the lines where the referrers are search engines. You can then mine the data yourself and get the list of entry pages by keywords.

      Cheers,

      Hugo Calvo

      Consultant

      Hurol Inan & Associates - Web Strategy & Analytics Consultants

      +61 4 2462 5128 (mobile)

      +61 2 9319 2122 (land line)

      +61 2 9012 0805 (fax)

      hugo_calvo@... (MSN Messenger)

      Web Analytics Workshop Series 2006 - Canberra , Sydney , Brisbane , Melbourne & Adelaide
      Learn how to optimise your website for you and your customers

      Are you getting ATTUNED?
      The latest issue looked at setting targets for metrics. Sign up now!