5587RE: [webanalytics] Understanding content value - SEO specific question

  • Ross Jenkins
    Mar 2, 2006
      Yeah John, I think I am pretty clear on what you are trying to achieve. Sounds like a job for ASI, so that you could filter out data specific to customers coming through natural search efforts. The ASI would then allow you to access other critical reports that may help you to understand your 'value'.

      I am guessing you may need another s_prop/custom insight to pass in the actual page rank, which I get from another application. I don't think SC has a report around page rank at all. But because of Omniture's flexibility, I wouldn't be surprised if one could be developed. In any event, I think this is a solid project and one I wouldn't mind developing with my other custom Omniture projects.

      Best

      Sr. Strategic Marketing Analyst
      Ciena Corporation

      jon.bovard@... wrote:
      Hey Steve, thanks for the reply

      To a degree yes.

      The situation is we have a 'Keyword' and we are trying to work out what part of the site has been the 'best' place to drive traffic into, be it PPC or Organic traffic

      For a very large business with lots of different areas of the site, you need to review existing search traffic ROI by keywords and understand
      1) the value of the traffic
      2) how that value translates into various parts of the site

      We know that Keyword X has delivered Y value. How then do we relate that to the site structure? More specifically how do we relate that back to an entry page

      The actionable component from all this is to then know what entry pages or areas of the site deserve the be optimised for search traffic the most

      An example might be that a Keywords report tells you that 'Red sports cars' gives you massive ROI and sales. How then do you find the entry page(s) that Red sports cars typically would drive people into your site. (Lets assume that you have 10,000 keywords that deliver you value)

      The difficulty is building a report to produce something actionable. So far nobody I have spoken to has been able to give me a clever answer

      Jon