5578RE: [webanalytics] Understanding content value - SEO specific question

  • Neil Mason
    Mar 2, 2006
      Understanding content value - SEO specific question

      Hi Jon,

      I may not be reading the question right but my instinct tells me that this may be quite hard to do in a reporting environment and may require some analytical muscle thrown at it.

      If I read the question as being “which combinations of keywords and entry pages/locations result in the highest value outcome?”  then I would probably look to tackle that outside of a web analytics reporting environment. I would look to export data at the visit level with some key attributes of the visit such as keyword, entry page/location, conversion value etc and put those through some data mining routines to look for strong correlations between the various attributes.

      Happy to chat further offline if I’m on the right track in terms of what you’re asking.

      Neil