5559A question about multiple/duplicate tags from vendors

  • ggtrahan
    Mar 1, 2006
      Hey everyone -
      Hope all is well. Our organization is a content provider that works
      almost exclusively in co-branded environments (where our affiliates
      send us the appropriate "wrapper" images; we host these images and
      load our content into the "guts" - making it appear as though you're
      still on our affiliates sites), and we are validating some of our data.

      When an affiliate has a tag in their wrapper that differs from ours,
      there's no problems. However, a few of our affiliates use tags from
      the same vendor that we do, and we see significant variance.

      Our vendor has assured us that though this isn't advised (using
      multiple tags), there shouldn't be any problems. I've already talked
      to tech support about setting one .js tag to "defer," as well as the
      possibility for "fall through" behavior of variables, etc., but no
      real answers.

      I guess I'm just trying to figure out why there would be any issues
      with 2 tags from the same vendor - it seems counterintuitive that the
      vendor would have issues reconciling data from their own tag.

      Has anyone had similar issues, and if so, is there anything I can do
      about this? Having only 1 tag on the page is not an option.

      Thanks!
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic