4236Re: Odd things noted with Google Analytics

  • Fulton Yancy
    Nov 23, 2005
      Not at all.

      I wrote "Actually the GA cookie is an injected FPC set by a 3rd party
      script" which is a reflection of the events that occur when the GA
      cookies are served.

      Also do notice that the cookie is set to domain rather than host.
      Compare this with other vendors and you will see the difference.
      Comparable is not exactly the same as.

      Rgds
      Fulton

      <webbanalys@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > .
      > > The cookie is tied to the domain xyz.com rather than the host
      > > www.xyz.com when looked into.
      > >
      > > Rgds Fulton
      > >

      > > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "whitingjo" <jo@o...> wrote:
      > > > The GA cookie is a first party technique that by definition is
      set
      > > > by the domain the js script sits on.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic