3386Re: [webanalytics] New, Small Web Analytics Ventures (was Measuring RSS?)

  • Jason Grigsby
    Sep 3, 2005
      Shaun Inman's product, Mint, is going to be released next week.
      Several bloggers have written some early reviews:

      http://jeffcroft.com/blog/archives/2005/09/mint_better_tha.php
      http://www.thebignoob.com/Blog/308/mint-fresh-n-yummy
      http://www.iammattthomas.com/journal/mint-its-good-and-good-for-you
      http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2005/09/mint-the-flavor-of-
      the-month
      http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/pimp-my-mint

      -Jason

      On Aug 18, 2005, at 5:06 PM, Jason Grigsby wrote:

      > There appears to be some small vendors entering into the RSS or Blog
      > statistics space in addition to Feedburner and SyndicateIQ. Neither
      > product has been revealed yet. Jeffrey Veen and Adaptive Path are
      > working on Measure Map (http://www.measuremap.com/) which Veen
      > described as:
      >
      > "Veen has recently put together a small team of developers to create
      > a Ruby on Rails application that the company plans to release to the
      > outside world (the program, a tool to help bloggers measure traffic
      > and other stats on their site, will be out by the end of the year,
      > Veen says)"
      > http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2005/08/10/37signals/index2.html
      >
      > And another web site developer, Shaun Inman, is building something in
      > conjunction with Movable Type. I couldn't find any description of it,
      > but it is reportedly a blog statistics tool:
      > http://www.haveamint.com/
      >
      > Given both Jeffrey Veen and Shaun Inman are fairly big names in the
      > web development community, people are curious to see how the products
      > will compare:
      > http://businesslogs.com/big_ideas/
      > adaptive_path_secret_project_vs_shaun_inmans_mint.php
      >
      > Earlier this year, Eric was talking a lot about consolidation in the
      > analytics space. In addition to consolidation, there appears to be an
      > emerging trend of specialized analytics at the low end of the service
      > spectrum. Analytics for RSS. Analytics for blogs.
      >
      > I'm curious to see where this ends up.
      >
      > -Jason
      >
      > On Aug 16, 2005, at 10:14 AM, Jeffrey Leong wrote:
      >

      >> There is also two vendors we talked to if the above is
      >> something you cannot do: SyndicateIQ and Feedburner -
      >> both offer some cool stuff, but we felt was limited
      >> due to the early stages of RSS, Podcast and blog
      >> tracking...

      > ~-->
      > SIG=12hmuhg28/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/
      > S=1705005582:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124417165/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/
      > *http://www.thebeehive.org
      > ">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the
      > Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>
      > ~->

      Jason Grigsby
      (503) 238-2014 voice
      mailto:jason@...