3158Re: How do we find how many visitors have directly typed our domain on Browser

  • Stephen Turner
    Aug 15, 2005
      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Clifton" <brian@o...>
      > The technique we advise clients for measuring off-line marketing
      > i.e. visitors who will have 'no referrer' information when they
      > arrive at your site, is to us different domain names e.g.
      > domain1.com - SEM only
      > domain1.co.uk - off line campaign1
      > domain2.com - off line campaign2
      > domain2.co.uk etc - off line campaign3

      My experience is that most people can't remember whether a given
      company uses .com or .co.uk, and try one randomly. So you can't assume
      that which they used has any significance.

      Stephen Turner
      CTO, ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
      WINNER: ClickZ Best Web Analytics Tool 2003, 2004 & 2005
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic