3156Re: [webanalytics] Re: How do we find how many visitors have directly typed our domain on Browser

  • Brian Clifton
    Aug 14, 2005
      The technique we advise clients for measuring off-line marketing i.e.
      visitors who will have 'no referrer' information when they arrive at your
      site, is to us different domain names e.g.

      domain1.com - SEM only
      domain1.co.uk - off line campaign1
      domain2.com - off line campaign2
      domain2.co.uk etc - off line campaign3

      You then generate separate reports for each domain/campaign. For all
      campaigns except SEM, use 301 re-directs so as not to show duplicate
      contents to the SE's

      Best regards, Brian

      Brian Clifton
      UK Urchin reseller http://www.omegadm.co.uk