30795Re: [webanalytics] Google is hiding paid search query from all 3rd party tools

  • Kush Soni
    May 7, 2014

      @Davis: yes this for PPC. More details are here on adobe blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/say-goodbye-paid-search-terms-google/

      Confirmation is available at Google blog too.

      @Matt: You still able to see the data in GA with Adwords integration J. This is the trick her.

      @Max: This is not as bad as organic keywords, thank God. To solve the personalisation objective you can start using campaign code. The only thing you need to do is to create a campaign code which will have the identifier on the basis of what you can change the content in the banner, there could be some time lag for this to happen but I don’t think it will be a big problem. Further to this you can use same campaign codes to identify keywords people are using to reach to your website. This will further require you to upload the classification value via SAINT.

      Tracking code (Key) ,  Keyword (look up value) and further any information if required.

      On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Davis Che <davis_che@...> wrote:

      Hi Maxfatter,

      Could you provide further detail about this? Is it disabled for PPC or organic search?

      - Davis Che

      On May 7, 2014, at 4:47 AM, <maxfatter@...> <maxfatter@...> wrote:

      I just found out that Google will no longer be providing Paid Search Keywords to all 3rd party analytic tools, including Google Analytics, saying it is for privacy reason.

      The only place where it is available is AdWord, which is the very tool you bit the keywords.  I want to hear what you guys think about this? how does this impact your analysis.

      In my world, I often do targeted banner campaigns on homepage based on keywords that lets to the site. For example, if the search query contains 'iphone', I will show products related to iphones on the homepage.  Now it becomes very difficult to do the same kind of thing because Google is no longer providing the search query.

      In my opinion, I think Google just doesn't want people to have a 3rd party view to audit how their traffic is performing, that's why they are doing it.  It is not privacy, it is business. We paid Google for the traffic, and only Google can tell us how the traffic is doing.  This seem like an unfair practice to me.

      What do you guys think?

      --

      Cheers!
      - K -