30784Re: Government and Using Ad Networks

  • <john_estill@...>
    Apr 28, 2014
      Patrick,
      I know that I am new to this discussion forum. That does not mean I am new to the world or 'our space.'

      I am seeking a constructive discussion about allowing third party tracking technology (web bugs) to run across a government agency property.

      Please do not not chastise me for using technical terminology that has been in usage for the past 20 years. Nor do I appreciate the sales pitch after being corrected.

      Thank you,
      John

      ---In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, <pmazzotta@...> wrote :

      First, calling them "bugs" is a horrible practice. Beacons or tracking pixels is not only more appropriate, it's more accurate (bugs specifically refer to errors or broken code in our space).

      You don't need to include third party scripts, and you can retain 100% control of everything. Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like a hand designing a fully controlled solution.

      Patrick Mazzotta
      Co-Founder & CEO
      Craedone Inc.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic