30720Tracking a Share from an Overlay

  • Daniel Schaeffer
    Mar 2, 2014
      Greetings Esteemed Group. I hope you are enjoying your Sunday!
      I am hoping to get some guidance on a tracking set up. I am launching a video campaign tomorrow with a branded overlay. On the overlay there are 3 share buttons (Facebook, Twitter and Email). Is there a way that I can customize what gets shared as well as neatly insert a click tracker? The idea is that if someone shares to their social network that I can see that a conversion came off of that.
      I came across this site http://www.sharelinkgenerator.com/ and http://sharecodegenerator.com/ which allows me to customize the URL and contents for what's shared. This is a good solution for Twitter and Email I guess. I can use a URL shortener to hide the click tracker. But this does not solve my problem for  Facebook. Since the click tracker is a redirect the sharer function for Facebook cant pull in page info to populate the post.
      Maybe I am going about this all the wrong way. I have never set up anything like this. Any help would be appreciated!