      From: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com [mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of msquaredh2
      Sent: 2005/08/01 13:52
      To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [webanalytics] Re: How do we find how many visitors have directly typed our domain on Browser

      The people who directly type the URL into the browser show up in your
      reports with "no referrer".

      However, that is not the end of the story.

      Bookmarks/Favorites
      Email Clickthroughs
      Did I miss any?

      also have no referrer, unless you are specifically tracking email
      clicks.

      I don't think there is a way to separate the direct traffic from its
      various parts.
      Anyone have any experience doing this?

      Michael Helbling
      www.brulant.com - A WebTrends reseller

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "dwbidmarch" <dwbidmarch@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > How do we find how many visitors have directly typed our domain
      > (URL/Example: http://www.widget.com) on browser. Our eBusiness
      > Intelligence tool is NetTracker Enterprises edition.
      >
      > Any help greatly appreciated.
      >

      > Best Regards,
      > eBI Architect

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
      The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Net a Porter Ltd.

      Net A Porter Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales Number: 3820604 Registered Office: The Dome, Whiteleys Centre, 151 Queensway, London, W2 4YN.