30255Re: Problems identifying source in GA in a two-domain process

  • kirstengow
    May 31, 2013
      Ah - someone just gavce me this link which explains the extra tagging needed for cross-domaine tracking

      https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

      I think it answers my query and I thought some of you might find it useful. I certainly didn't realise extra tagging was needed before now.

      Thanks

      Kirsten

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "kirstengow" <kirstengow@...> wrote:

      > We have just launched a new product which requires users to go from our main website to an application form hosted on a different domain.
      >
      > We have applied standard GA tracking to the new domain, applying the same GA Property ID (the code starting 'UA-') to the this as we apply to our main website.
      >
      > My understanding was that GA would then recognise this as one and the same site, even though it is over 2 domains.
      >
      > The problem is, that when I try and look at the traffic source for people starting the application form on the new domain, the main source appears to be our website.
      >
      > Really, I need to know the source of the traffic which came on to our site and then went on to a) start and application form, b) complete an application form, and c) complete a sale (this is a linear process).
      >
      > I know I could possibly find 'a' by putting event tracking on any link to the new domain, but I am not sure how to find the others. Any suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Kirsten

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic