      From: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com [mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Matt Curtis
      Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:18 AM
      To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [webanalytics] Persisting attribution in Site Catalyst

      If you're trying to use conversion metrics, there is no clean way to do
      that. You could use participation but that still doesn't solve your last
      click issue (because then you're just assigning 100% of the success metrics
      to each eVar values).

      Another idea would be to stack a series of actions a user takes in an eVar.
      So basically take, say, a max of the last five elements a user has clicked
      on and concatenate them sequentially using some sort of delimiter.

      ie,

      Action1:Action2:Action3:Action4
      Action1:Action:2
      Action4:Action5:Action6:Action7:Action8

      As you can see above, the risk here is that you're not capturing a complete
      "path" of the "internal campaign" actions taken, since you've capped the
      number of actions stored at 5. (this choice to limit the number of actions
      you capture, however, is still usually a wise one).

      If you're interested in the internal campaign stacking idea and haven't
      done something like this before, you'll need to add the Cross Visit
      Participation plugin to your scode.js file. This article would also be
      useful:
      http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/cross-visit-participation-inside-omniture-sitecatalyst/

      Hope this helps,

      Matt