29908s.visitorID variable - help required

  • harshil
    Jan 2, 2013
      Hello All,

      Wish you a very Happy New Year.

      I need to track quite a many metrics like unique visitors, number of visits, new vs returning visitors, etc without using cookies (since cookies have some disadvantages when comes to change of browsers, cookie deletions, etc)

      So, I am planning to explicitly feed the s.visitorID variable with a unique visitor ID for each visitor which will be retrieved every time the visitor visits to give an errorless measure of above mentioned metrics.

      Please note that every visit begins on login page only.

      Now the logic is, for each visitor, on his login, system will check the database if a unique ID exists for that login ID. If yes, it will be fetched and pushed to s.visitorID. If not, a new unique ID will be generated and fed to s.visitorID and the same will be updated in the profile database.

      However, the s.visitorID needs to be set on every page. And fetching it from a backend profile database will require a script to run on every page which will increase the page load time.

      Is there any workaround for this case?

      Is it possible to store the visitorID and related login ID in Adobe sitecatalyst servers from where fetching will save pageload time?

      If yes, does it come with extra financial implications?

      Thanks in advance for your help.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic