29858Re: Pay somone to get Certified in your name - #measure sin or not?

  • BClifton
    Dec 13, 2012
      As the originator of the GAIQ training material and exam while at Google, this type of thing does dishearten me. Having said that, it was never intended to be guarantee of anything - other than the person who passed the exam had a good understanding of how the product can be setup and used. Essentially I tried to improve on the existing Adwords qualification exam that was effective, though flawed.

      So having a GAIQ badge (or any other "qualification") could certainly open the door for an interview/discussion. However, any savvy web marketer will see through a fake within 30 mins. Even if not picked up, a person who puts more effort into faking ability rather than proving it, is clearly not going to be very effective at their job. Pretty soon that individual will have no reputation left - something that is much harder to attain than the GAIQ in the first place.

      So I think "natural selection" will sort this type of thing out...

      Best regards, Brian Clifton
      Former Head of Web Analytics, Google EMEA