29848RE: [webanalytics] Re: Pay somone to get Certified in your name - #measure sin or not?

  • Ash Pahwa
    Dec 11, 2012
      I teach Google Analytics Certification classes at UCLA Extension and UCI
      Extension.

      http://unex.uci.edu/courses/sectiondetail.aspx?year=2012&term=Fall&sid=00092
      <http://unex.uci.edu/courses/sectiondetail.aspx?year=2012&term=Fall&sid=00092>

      Only way to truly test someone knowledge about Analytics is to have a close
      door exam and verifying the identity of the person from a government
      provided picture ID (drivers' license or passport). The Analytics and
      AdWords certification exams should be conducted similar to the SAT, GRE,
      LSAT etc. exams. These exams should be conducted in a few major cities
      (L.A., NY, Chicago etc.) a few times a year. To enter the examination room,
      a person should show a valid photo ID (same restriction as for SAT, GRE
      exams). The time should be limited to like 4-5 hours with open notes and
      open books.

      Currently Google certification is done online. Anyone who wants to pass the
      exam can easily request a friend (who is an expert) to sit right next to
      that person for couple of hours and answer all the questions.

      Google certification is for people who want to test their own knowledge.
      This certificate should not be a part of anyone's resume.

      Ash Pahwa