29845Re: Pay somone to get Certified in your name - #measure sin or not?

  • Stephane Hamel
    Dec 11, 2012
      To add to my own point...
      Check out the point and counter point to certification, two great posts on All Analytics

      Point: http://www.allanalytics.com/author.asp?section_id=1408&doc_id=254977
      Counter point: http://www.allanalytics.com/author.asp?section_id=1408&doc_id=254982

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Stephane Hamel" <shamel67@...> wrote:

      > Here's what I would do: take the offer and then write a very nice article stating the name of this stupid moron. :)
      >
      > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "mohitjain01" <mohit@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Everyone,
      > >
      > > Please check out this post on Freelancer.com where a buyer is openly searching for Freelancer who can take GAIQ exam on his behalf and get him GAIQ certified.
      > >
      > > http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Internet-Marketing-SEO/Google-Analytics-Certificate.html
      > >
      > > The real work is what matters in the end the day but certifications helps us build some credibility in eyes of people who don't know us and particularly when new comers use these Certifications as a medium to at least get shortlisted for the job interviews where they can actually prove themselves.
      > >
      > > The guy who has posted the project on Freelancer.com is definitely doing it for some unknown benefit but indirectly he is doing a harm to entire #measure community and particularly to the value of the GAIQ test in eyes of us all and also prospective employers. The blame can be equally distributed to those people who are ready to help such people.
      > >
      > > DAA Certification is 'fool proof' and it's more about analysis rather than tools but even today a large number of companies which doesn't have full time analyst consider the one who knows the tools and then actual analysis. Do you agree with me? Does these tools certifications really matter to a Digital Marketer who is taking interview of an analyst to grow his team?
      > >
      > > What does this community think about it? I know a lot has already been said and written on this topic but how do we deal with this? Or do we really need to worry about it? Or the Tool Vendors needs to tighten up the processes so the value of these certifications don't start depreciating?
      > >
      > > Well I personally thought that blogging is some sort of a right way to build a rapport in eyes of industry peers and also prospective employers but does Certifications have no value now?
      > >
      > > Please share your thoughts if you can.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Mohit
      > > www.analytics.ae