29842Re: [webanalytics] Re: Site Catalyst on dynamic pages

  • Matt Curtis
    Dec 10, 2012
      Ah, interesting. For tabbed navigation / checkout, I'd use the AJAX method
      discussed earlier in the thread.

      For filtering the search results pages, the issue is a little less black or
      white. The question then becomes -- "How do you define a 'page'?" Is it
      based solely on the content that appears on the page (ie product) or is it
      how you navigate to the page?

      You could concatenate additional values to a pagename based on the filters
      / refinements that are done on it, but that's not really a scalable
      approach. When you go to report on the performance of these pages, it will
      be very time intensive to aggregate up to a single page or single
      refinements.

      If you're using SiteCatalyst, I think a much better approach is to define a
      pagename based on how someone has navigated to it and then set additional
      variables with the refinements. This method allows you much more robust
      reporting capabilities and will save you a lot of time.