29710Re: tracking userID using visitor login

  • c.punitha
    Oct 31, 2012
      Thank you...

      After capturing user ID, I also wanted to have user name, role, company name of customer in Omniture.What is the best practice to do that?

      Currently the Username and other details are in DWH. But when a customer comes to my portal, I wanted to pass his profiles details(2/3 attributes) to Omniture.

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "webbingyourway" <webbingyourway1@...> wrote:

      > Hi c.Puntiha
      >
      > It depends on what you ar eusing for userID and your companies policy. I can say that at the company where I work, we are capturing information when a visitor logs in that is a numeric version - which we can combine with our offline data to know who this person is. My suggestion would be:
      >
      > - contact your companies lawyers to see if your site's policy includes information stating that you can capture this information
      > - ensure that the data you are capturing cannot identify a person to anyone outside of your company, such as a numeric key value.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Webbingyourway
      > http://www.webbingyourway.com
      >
      > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "c.punitha" <c.punitha@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Can I track userID using which visitor login in my portal in Sitecatalyst?

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic