29703Re: tracking userID using visitor login

  • webbingyourway
    Oct 30, 2012
      Hi c.Puntiha

      It depends on what you ar eusing for userID and your companies policy. I can say that at the company where I work, we are capturing information when a visitor logs in that is a numeric version - which we can combine with our offline data to know who this person is. My suggestion would be:

      - contact your companies lawyers to see if your site's policy includes information stating that you can capture this information
      - ensure that the data you are capturing cannot identify a person to anyone outside of your company, such as a numeric key value.

      Regards

      Webbingyourway
      http://www.webbingyourway.com

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "c.punitha" <c.punitha@...> wrote:

      > Can I track userID using which visitor login in my portal in Sitecatalyst?

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic