29580RE: [webanalytics] Re: Site Catalyst 15 - Wonky Segments

  • Craig Scribner
    Sep 14 8:36 AM
      Linda,

      I can't think of an Omniture segment that will mimic Google's method
      exactly, but here's the closest I can come up with:

      New Segment which both

      - *Includes* Referring Domain equals facebook.com

      - *Excludes* Referring Domain does not equal facebook.com

      This will give you reports with just the one value in the referring domain
      report, but my problem is that it leaves out visits that *started* from
      facebook but then collected other referring values before the visit was
      over. I've often wished for a sequence component of the segment builder:
      "first this then that" rather than just AND or OR logic. I think that maybe
      in the latest version of Discover they introduced this feature.

      Best regards,

      Craig