29576Re: Site Catalyst 15 - Wonky Segments

  • linda_schumacher_sf
    Sep 13, 2012
      Hi Craig,

      Thank you for your response. Yes, it makes sense to me that a single visit may have multiple referrers simply based on the departure and return of a visitor during a 30-minute session.

      My question is, even given that we know that one visit may have multiple referrers, when I use segmentation, the resulting group should only show me results that match the criteria within the segment.

      So, when I apply the segment called "Visits from Facebook" it should only return results that meet the segment rules which are to "include all visits where the referring domain contains facebook.com."

      In my thinking, the list should only contain the Facebook.com domain, but it shows a huge list of domains, not just Facebook.com.

      Again, it's been years since I worked in the Omniture tool. I usually work in GA. In GA, if I create a segment for Facebook.com traffic, the results filter all else out and show me only visits from Facebook.

      Any ideas why this is seems to be different in Site Cat?

      Thanks!
      Linda