29574RE: [webanalytics] Site Catalyst 15 - Wonky Segments

  • Craig Scribner
    Sep 13, 2012
      Linda,

      The trick is that, in Omniture, a single visit can have multiple referrers.
      The truth is that, technically, every single page you browse to on your own
      site has a referring value-but Omniture has applied a list of Internal
      Filters to keep your own domain values out of the Referrers reports. But if
      a user leaves your site, then returns within 30 minutes via a link, the new
      Referrer value will show up in your reports-even though it's in the middle
      of a visit.

      Hope that helps-

      -Craig