29090Re: [webanalytics] Re: Omniture SiteCatalyst Search Engine List

  • gritgirl@dcaccess.net
    Mar 30, 2012
      We suddenly started seeing a googlebot hitting a part of our site and
      it upped our visitor numbers. Once I isolated the googlebot, I was
      able to find out the ip this was coming from and confirm it was owned
      by Google itself.

      I contact customer service at Adobe and was told they filter by bot
      name/IP address combo. This was not one of the combos. I was told I
      would have to filter this one myself, to which I replied, I thought I
      paid for your services for this.

      I've been meeting dead end after dead end on this issue. If a search
      engine bot is hitting my site from any IP address, shouldn't it be
      filtered?

      Susan Fariss
      Web Analytics Manager
      American Chemical Society