28632Re: EU ePrivacy Directive

  • BClifton
    Nov 3 6:57 AM
      Adding my 2 cents

      The EU Privacy law is applicable today - it came into affect on 25th May 2011. What is taking longer is the ability of the member states to interpret it correctly and enforce it. See:

      As Jim says, this is not about where your dev team is based or your web site hosted, its about where your business is registered (or where you live if it is a personal website). So if you have a registered office in the EU you must abide by the laws of the EU.

      If you are registered in the US only, but you also ship to the EU, then this does not apply to you. Though its only a matter of time before the US/Can et al also have something like this....!

      Best regards, Brian