28284Re: Funnel Reports in an Excel dashboard

  • Paul
    Jul 29, 2011
      I do this kind of reporting all the time and I have never been a fan
      of the "funnel" chart. While it does present a nice "snapshot" of what
      is going on, it really is not good for displaying trends.

      Typically, I prefer to present a fallout or leakage report that show %
      leaking at each stage. In a text table I like to present the visit
      count along with the % dropping out at each stage (using the number of
      visits entering the first stage as the denominator throughout). Then
      in addition to this table, I prefer to use a stacked line graph (on
      some occasions a stacked bar graph) showing the daily percentages for
      each stage. I think this is a better visualization of the overall
      trend and trend at different stages. I don't believe the funnel is a
      very useful representation.

      Paul

      http://www.google.com/imgres?q=stacked+line+graph+example&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Eyl&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1202&bih=655&tbm=isch&prmd=ivns&tbnid=QNa2XMPo4YTV5M:&imgrefurl=http://www.chartingcontrol.net/Gallery.aspx&docid=9aQ2eVT_p1gxeM&w=500&h=400&ei=EvMuTpipBoy2tgeL2PmjCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=623&vpy=102&dur=775&hovh=201&hovw=251&tx=163&ty=112&page=1&tbnh=163&tbnw=204&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0