28202Re: Executive dashboards for Google Analytics

  • Minh Tsai
    Jul 8, 2011
      Hi Stephane,

      I like your dashboard quite a bit and I want to offer a few suggestions.

      1. The dashboard is missing some kind of baseline to measure from -- something that can account for seasonality changes. For example, if the company is entering their high season, a 2% up tick might be a bad thing if they are expecting 5% or more. This can usually be solved overlaying the previous year's data on the graph. It is easier to see than just having the "same month last year" number.

      2. As an extension of #1 above, having some kind of estimated forecast based on previous number for the next month/period would make it more actionable for managers and executives.

      Otherwise, I think your dashboard has a lot of potential.

      Minh