26793RE: [webanalytics] Re: Google Analytics not tracking goal conversions by campaign source

  • David Simmons
    Oct 1, 2010
      @ the OP

      Since you said that you�re seeing a 100% bounce rate on the inbound display
      traffic yet GA is classifying the conversions as �direct,� it sounds to me
      like the referrer is getting lost during Flash instantiation.

      Are you sure that all other referral sources (such as traffic coming from
      non-banner sources such as organic search or via links from third party
      sites) are coming in properly for these Flash event conversions? Is there
      any conditional logic in the code on your page or in your Flash object (such
      as a 302 redirect) that results in the visitors referred from the banners
      getting different code?

      Have you set up Flashvars? See
      http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/164/tn_16417.htmlfor more info....

      HTH