      From: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com [mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Cross, Dan
      Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:45 AM
      To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [webanalytics] Re: Any Omniture Plug-Ins for Tracking
      Downloads?

      Thanks Adam,
      I absolutely considered this (I'm a regular reader) when I began
      investigating download tracking, and figured it'd be very helpful to us, but
      frankly, couldn't envision how we'd pull it off.

      From my understanding of onclick activity, page views are not generated (I
      believe Omniture refers to them as "non-page view events"). I did some
      scouting around, and couldn't find instances of people passing a pageName
      value onclick (and there isn't any documentation to support doing this).

      In the following situation:
      User lands on an HTML page with a direct PDF download link. User clicks link
      and downloads item.

      I can't envision where in that process you could pass download filename as
      pageName if you can't pass the pageName variable onclick, unless you
      actually changed site functionality to require some sort of container to
      load when a user tries to download.