26789Re: Google Analytics not tracking goal conversions by campaign source

  • Yuhui
    Oct 1, 2010
      Hi,

      It's strange that the "utm" parameters aren't captured.

      Have you verified on your web pages that the "utm" paramters' info is captured in the "_utm.gif" tracking pixel?

      Regards,
      Yuhui
      Twitter: @yuhui

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "pablonoej" <pablonoej@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everybody!
      > I was experiencing a tracking problem in GA and couldn`t find a solutions in forums and help sections.
      > My problems goes like this:
      > -I have a campaing site with ads pointing at it.
      > -Goals are flash events (video play) tracked with pagetracker
      > -GA tracks conversions and conversions by traffic source, but not from campaigns ads (the ones with utm parameters in url). only tracks conversions form google organic, referrals, etc.
      > So the reports show as if ads have 100% bounce rate, while other sources have 20% conversion rate.
      > I think the problem could be that somehow "pagetracker" don`t notice utm parameters in url. but i don`t know.
      > any clues?
      > thanks in advance!
      > regards

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic