26729Re: Any Omniture Plug-Ins for Tracking Downloads?

  • brg36
    Sep 21, 2010
      Dan,

      Kevin is right that you can use link tracking for more robust file download measurement. If you're looking for something more automated (i.e., something that doesn't require you to add a function call to every onclick event handler), the exit link plug-in could certainly be tweaked. The primary difference would be that instead of looping through the s.linkInternalFilters variable, you would loop through s.linkDownloadFileTypes. It would also need to check just the file extension instead of the whole URL.

      If I have a chance during the next few weeks, I'll rework the plug-in to handle this, and will post it on my blog. If anyone else wants to beat me to the punch, please feel free!

      Thanks,

      Ben Gaines
      Product Manager
      Adobe Systems, Inc.