26719Any Omniture Plug-Ins for Tracking Downloads?

  • Cross, Dan
    Sep 20, 2010
      Hey all,
      Anyone have any plug-and-play code for tracking user downloads? The auto-tracking of downloads is not getting us where we want to go... we definitely want to pass downloads to a variable for SAINTing purposes.

      The code outlined on Ben Gaines' blog post:
      http://blogs.omniture.com/2010/01/07/enhancing-automatic-exit-links/

      gets us a good deal of the way there - I've got the "enhanced exit links" working as outlined and am very happy with the results (thanks Ben). But, the post doesn't quite go so far as to provide the code to extend this to tracking downloads... although the logic will be very similar.

      I find myself without dev resources for a couple weeks, and my attempts to do the code modification myself have resulted in miserable failure. Has anyone else implemented some simple code to capture downloads via a prop/evar/event?

      Thanks for any insight people could offer...

      Dan Cross
      Director of Web Analytics
      Penton Media
      dan.cross@... | AIM:PRMdcross