26633Re: Omniture's Traffic Source Reporting is About to Get a Whole Lot Better!

  • mike.sukmanowsky
    Sep 1, 2010
      Hi Mohit,

      I'm a bit hesitant to say you don't have to use SAINT without knowing what you're specifically planning to do.

      That caution being said, the plugin effectively assumes you're only ever really going to need a total of 8 dimensions for traffic source tracking (see http://wiki.github.com/msukmanowsky/omniture-trafficorganizer/faq#what_track for more information).

      From my experience, those 8 dimensions are plenty (and likely overkill) for most people's traffic source reporting needs. Others may disagree with that and in that case you may still need to use SAINT to extend the number of dimensions.

      For example, the plugin allows for a "campaign name" dimension to be set to an eVar. Your organization may require additional dimensions on this (e.g. "promotion type", "promotion valid until" etc). In this case you could absolutely still make use of the plugin as well as SAINT if you'd like.

      I would take some time getting more comfortable with what this plugin is / is not able to do before making a decision as to whether or not you also require SAINT classifications.

      Mike