25806Re: [webanalytics] GA for Intranet - Employees Can't Access Internet

  • Ramjee Ganti
    Apr 28, 2010
      Hi Chandan,

      For you to be able to use Google Analytics from intranet, a few conditions
      need to be satisfied:

      i. You should be able to access the google analytics ga.js, _utm.gif. So
      request your IT to unblock these two links for everyone.
      ii. Additionally the intranet site should be accessed as a Fully Qualified
      Domain Name (FQDN). eg. it should be http://intranet.mycompany.com and not
      just http://intranet/.

      You can find these details here:
      http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55510.